Brazilian Butt Lift
Brazilian butt lift or buttock augmentation is a popular cosmetic procedure for transferring fat from the abdomen, hips, lower back, or thighs to the buttocks.
A proper shape and proportion of the buttocks are essential for an attractive, well-proportioned body. Using specialized fat transfer techniques (Brazilian butt lift surgery), a skilled cosmetic surgeon can achieve a fuller, rounder buttock contour.
Read more for more information.
Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery
The followings are the three important steps involved in a Brazilian butt lift procedure:
- Liposuction removes fat from the abdomen, hips, lower back, thighs, and other areas.
- The extracted fat is cleaned up and ready for transfer.
- The cosmetic surgeon injects fat at specific points to add volume and shape to the buttocks.
This Surgery procedure is typically done out of the hospital, using general or intravenous sedation and local anesthesia.
An experienced cosmetic surgeon will perform this procedure and may inject slightly more fat into the buttocks than necessary to ensure that your final results may be close to achieving your desired goals.
Brazilian butt-lift procedure
The fat grafting component of a Brazilian butt lift is notable for its natural-looking results. The following steps are included in the procedure:
- The procedure is usually done under general anesthesia, but it may be done with only local anesthesia (a numbing medication) for smaller fat transfers. If anesthesia makes you sick, you might ask for medication to stop nausea before the procedure.
- After that, your doctor will use liposuction to eliminate fat from other parts of your body, like your thighs, stomach, and hips. In liposuction, skin incisions are made, and a tube is used to remove fat from the body.
- The fat just taken out of your body has been stored for cleaning up and made ready to be injected into your buttocks.
- In order to achieve a more rounded and full appearance, your surgeon will inject the processed fat into specific areas of the buttocks. To transfer fat, they make three to five incisions around the buttocks.
- Stitches are used to close liposuction and fat transfer incisions. To reduce your risk of bleeding, your surgeon will apply a compression garment to the affected areas of your skin.
Brazilian butt lift cost
The average cost of a buttock lift in 2016 was $4,571, while the average cost of buttock implants was $4,860.
These averages are only based on the surgeon’s fees; other costs, like hospital stays, anesthesia, and aftercare, may still need to be considered.
You should avoid procedures that appear too good at a cheap cost. Always do your research about your cosmetic surgeon and check if they are board-certified.
A Brazilian butt lift is not covered by insurance because it is not medically necessary. You can discuss the payment options and associated costs with your service provider in advance. Financing is also an option.
You need to stay away from work during recovery, which can last up to a week or longer.
Brazilian Butt Lift Recovery
During recovery, buttock surgery needs some special care and adjustments. After a Brazilian butt lift, you won’t be able to sit or lie directly on your buttocks for about two weeks. The pain is usually minimal and can be easily controlled with pain medication.
You’ll have to sleep on your side or stomach during this time and have to stand for every activity except using the toilet.
Your cosmetic surgeon will allow you to sit in a modified position when ready, such as with a “donut” seat or a pillow under your thighs to prevent buttock pressure. You will be allowed for normal sitting after about eight weeks.
You should be able to resume light daily activities within a week of surgery if you follow your cosmetic surgeon’s instructions, and you should be able to return to work within 10 to 14 days.
After a Brazilian butt lift, you must take extra care, just like you would after any other cosmetic surgery until your buttock area has completely healed.
As you recover from surgery, you may experience swelling in your buttocks for several weeks. The effects of this surgery last for months to years in total.
Until you get the results you want, you may need multiple procedures. Additionally, it may take up to six months before you fully experience the outcomes of the initial procedure.
By keeping your weight stable, you can ensure a positive outcome.
Strict adherence to your doctor’s recovery instructions following a BBL procedure is essential. You may kill the transferred fat cells if you don’t follow. This makes it less likely that the surgery will give you the desired results.
Shortly after the surgery, you can anticipate swelling and bruising in the area where fat was removed through liposuction. It is important to stand and walk around to prevent constipation caused by the painkillers medications.
As expected, you may notice red fluid leaking from some points of the incision after the procedure, which is normal.
Your compression garment
You will likely need to wear a compression garment over the areas where you had liposuction for eight weeks after the surgery. Wearing of compression garment can help the healing process. Surgeon advised this type of garment, designed explicitly with typically having a cut-out for the buttocks to prevent pressure on the newly inserted fat cells.
You must avoid sitting on your buttocks for at least eight weeks after Brazilian Buttock Lift surgery. Sitting on your buttocks can leave indentations or kill newly inserted fat cells, which is unsuitable for your desired outcome.
You must use a special pillow provided or recommended by the doctor when you have to sit. Only sit on the pillow for the first eight weeks and avoid sitting in the same position for a long time.
Sleep on your side or stomach.
To avoid destroying the newly implanted fat cells on your buttock, sleep on your side or stomach for the first eight weeks after the Brazilian buttock lift surgery.
Your activity levels
You shouldn’t do much for the first month after surgery. You should avoid physical activities that involve particular bouncing of the body. You can begin lower-impact activities like walking after a month.
After two months, you can resume any enjoyable activity, even with a high impact. Before beginning any new physical activity, always consult your doctor.
Brazilian Butt Lift Death Rate
In 2020, according to a study published in the Aesthetic Surgery Journal, the number of deaths caused by Brazilian butt lifts had decreased to approximately 1 in 15,000. This rate is on par and comparable to procedures like tummy tucks.
Another study published in Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery in 2020 estimates that the BBL mortality rate is one in 20,000, whereas the tummy tucks mortality rate is one in 13,000.
Brazilian Butt Lift Before and After
Are you curious about the appearance of Brazilian butt lifts? Your provider should also have a photo portfolio to give you a better idea.
Brazilian butt lift vs. Sculptra butt lift surgery, silicone implants procedure, and liposuction
Although the number of butt augmentations is rising, your options do not end with only the Brazilian butt lift. You should consider discussing others options and possibilities with your provider.
Sculptra butt lift
A type of dermal filler called Sculptra is used to restore lost skin volume as we age. The filler is typically used for facial wrinkles, but it could be combined with a Brazilian butt lift for maximum volume. The FDA considers the use of Sculptra in the buttocks as off-label.
Silicone butt implants
As the name suggests, this procedure involves placing silicone implants in your buttocks. Although the Brazilian butt lift is sometimes used in conjunction with it, this procedure is significantly more invasive. As a result of the long-term risk of displacement associated with silicone implants, you will probably require additional surgery in the future.
If you have a lot of fat stored in your glutes, a surgeon may tell you to get rid of it to make your body look rounder. The liposuction procedure focuses only on removing the fat from the body, not the fat transfer used in a Brazilian butt lift.
For a butt lift, never use silicone or hydrogel injections. These injections don’t work properly and fail to deliver the same results. More importantly, however, the FDA has cautioned against using them due to fatalities and severe side effects.
Brazilian butt lift vs. buttock implants
One significant advantage is that Brazilian butt lift surgery increases buttock size without using implants. The procedure has a low risk of complications when performed by a specially trained cosmetic surgeon in an accredited facility and can produce results that appear and feel remarkably natural.
However, buttock implants may be the only option for achieving your desired size increase if you are extremely lean, as you may not have enough fat to harvest. Some patients may benefit from buttock implants; however, it is essential to understand the additional risks associated with implants, such as capsular contracture and an increased risk of infection.
A Brazilian butt lift, on the other hand, can look and feel more natural than buttock implants.
Brazilian butt lift surgeries are becoming very popular among people in the United States. You will have a better chance of getting a good result if an experienced and board-certified surgeon does the surgery. Before signing up, be prepared and familiar with the procedure, costs, and recovery time.
Although the Brazilian butt lift is popular, not everyone is a good candidate. Discuss your health history and your desired outcomes with your surgeon. They suggest this method or something else that will work better for you.
Brazilian Butt Lift – FAQs
What is a Brazilian Butt Lift?
A Brazilian butt lift (BBL) is a popular cosmetic surgical procedure in which fat is transferred to your buttocks from your abdomen, hips, lower back, or thighs. The result is more like an hourglass with more prominent buttocks.
A BBL can also make your waist smaller if the fat is in your abdomen or lower back. The fat is removed by liposuction. A cannula, a small plastic tube, removes fat during this cosmetic procedure.
Read more about the Brazilian butt lift and how to find a reputable provider to ensure you get it done safely and have more permanent results.
Without implants, a Brazilian butt lift is a specialized fat transfer procedure that increases the size and shape of the buttocks. Liposuction removes excess fat from the hips, abdomen, lower back, or thighs and is strategically injected into the buttocks.
With Brazilian butt lift surgery, a skilled cosmetic surgeon can improve the proportions of the entire lower body and enhance the buttocks with long-lasting results.
How much is a Brazilian butt lift
1. A Brazilian butt lift (BBL) surgery could give you a beautiful buttock that looks fuller and more round.
2. For a Brazilian butt lift, a surgeon typically charges between $4,000 and $5,000. However, depending on your location and several other factors, the final cost could be more or double.
3. Since a Brazilian butt lift is a cosmetic procedure, health insurance typically does not cover it. You should look for a board-certified, experienced plastic surgeon and inquire about the total costs before proceeding.
Why is it called a Brazilian butt lift
There are a few possible responses to this intriguing question, but no one can fully agree on one answer. According to some people, most Brazilian women are naturally blessed with toned and beautiful buttocks, so this buttock lift surgery procedure is named after Brazil. The ideal body type can be seen in women of Brazilian or South American descent.
Others dispute is this name associated with the origin of the procedure, and it is believed that it was named “Brazilian” because Dr. Ivo Pitanguy, possibly Brazil’s most famous plastic surgeon, invented it. In the 1960s, he began publishing information about this lift.
However, regardless of the name, this method of enhancing the contour and shape of the buttocks has exploded in popularity since about 2010. By removing fat from one area and using it to reshape the buttocks, the Brazilian butt lift, or BBL, is a wonderful way to get the desired shape.
How is a Brazilian butt lift done?
The fat grafting element of a Brazilian butt lift is notable for its natural-looking results. The following are the steps included in this Brazilian butt lift procedure:
1. The procedure is usually done under general anesthesia, but it may be done with only local anesthesia (a numbing medication) for smaller fat transfers. If anesthesia makes you sick, you might ask for medication to stop nausea before the procedure.
2. After that, your doctor will use liposuction to eliminate fat from other parts of your body, like your thighs, stomach, and hips. In liposuction, skin incisions are made and a tube is used to remove fat from the body.
3. The fat stored in your body is just taken out, cleaned up, and ready to be injected into your buttocks.
4. To achieve a more rounded and full appearance, your surgeon will inject the processed fat into specific buttocks areas. In order to inject the processed fat, surgeons make three to five incisions around the buttocks.
5. Stitches are used to close liposuction and fat transfer incisions. To reduce your risk of bleeding, your surgeon will apply a compression garment to the affected areas of your skin for faster healing.
Why have a Brazilian butt lift?
Genetics plays a significant role in determining a person’s buttocks’ shape and proportions; how your body stores fat and your skeletal structure affect your lower body’s appearance. Despite living a healthy lifestyle, many patients continue to be dissatisfied with “flat” buttocks that lack shape despite eating well and exercising regularly.
By reshaping the buttocks and the areas around them, like the hips, lower back, and thighs, Brazilian butt lift surgery can help people who are affected by genetics to get back in shape. A Brazilian butt lift could help you in the following way:
1. Enhance your lower body curves.
2. Reduce the fat stored on your hips, thighs, or belly and add it to give fullness to the buttocks.
3. Enhance your overall body shape proportions by improving the balance between your upper and lower bodies.
4. Give a more youthful and aesthetically pleasing shape to buttocks by replacing the flat buttocks.
5. It can help to have clothes fittings more attractive.
Who is a good candidate for a Brazilian butt lift?
Before considering a Brazilian butt lift, it is always a good idea to consult a cosmetic surgeon. They may understand what exactly you are looking for, explain details about the requirements and procedure and the best suitable procedure that may suit you to get the best outcome.
The followings are the conditions to go for the Brazilian butt lift procedure:
1. If you lose your natural shape, like aging or weight fluctuations.
2. You should not smoke for some days or a week before and after the procedure.
3. You need to maintain a healthy weight.
4. You should have enough fat stored at your hips and other areas for grafting.
5. You need to maintain a healthy lifestyle by including regular exercise.
6. If you haven’t had any recent infections or complications related to surgery.
How Is a Brazilian Butt Lift Different From Buttock Implants?
A silicone object is inserted into the buttocks to improve them in a buttock implant. A Brazilian butt lift, on the other hand, uses fat from your own body to make your buttocks look more prominent and rounder.
Compared to a Brazilian butt lift procedure, buttock implants may have more risks. Capsular contracture can occur when the scar tissue that forms around implants becomes typically too hard and starts to contract. This may result in discomfort or issues with the implant’s appearance in some instances. After surgery, implants also carry a higher risk of infection. However, buttock implants might be a good option if you don’t have enough extra fat to transfer for a successful Brazilian butt lift.
3 thoughts on “Brazilian Butt Lift – Know Everything 2023 [Latest Updates]”
Pingback: BBL –Know Everything about Brazilian Butt Lift 2023
Pingback: Male BBL - Brazilian Butt Lift Men [Latest Update 2023]
Pingback: Skinny BBL – A Complete Guide 2023
Comments are closed.